School Tuition rates are based on student population, the St. Patrick Parish/School budget, and the Pittsburgh Diocese. St. Patrick Parish and the Pittsburgh Diocese pay a portion of the school expenses. Therefore, each year the tuition rates can fluctuate. For the last several years, the full time cost for a Catholic student in grades 1-8 has been approximately $4,000 per year. This is divided over 12 months. When a family has additional children the tuition significantly decreases. A family does not pay for any children beyond three, as long as the fourth child is attending full-time pre-k through 8. A Non-Catholic student pays a slightly higher rate but again does not have to pay for more than three children. Financial Aid is available both through the Diocese and the St. Patrick School Angel Fund.
Financial Aid Application Process
Financial Aid applications for the 2017-18 school year will be processed by FACTS Management, who recently acquired our long-time aid vendor, Private School Aid Service (PSAS). Families applying for financial aid will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by March 31, 2017 (access link to apply online is below).
Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms, including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your 2016 W-2 forms, for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF. All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf format online.
- If you are Catholic and are applying for Bishop’s Education Fund, you must send a Pastor’s Signature Form signed by your Pastor (access link for necessary form is below).
All supporting documentation, that is listed above, can be can be faxed to 1-866-315-9264, uploaded in .pdf format online, or mailed to the address below.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, P.O. Box 82524 Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Applicants can apply online starting February 1, 2017 by clicking HERE to connect to FACTS online.
Please click HERE to download the 2017 Pastor’s Signature Form.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637.
Please use the chart below to determine whether your family qualifies for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) programs. Families exceeding these guidelines, while not excluded from applying for assistance from the Bishop’s Education Fund, are unlikely to demonstrate enough financial need to qualify for a grant.
|2017-2018 EITC/OSTC Income Maximums|
|# of Dependents||Maximum Income|
|**Add $15,530 for each additional dependent|
PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST APPLY BY MARCH 31, 2017.
The Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh offers educational grants through the granting programs listed below:
- From the Diocese, grants are available through the Bishop’s Education Fund (BEF). This Grant is available to Catholic students in grades Kindergarten to 12 attending eligible schools and registered in eligible parishes.
- Grants are also available from the Scholastic Opportunity Scholarship Funds (SOS). The SOS program is open to any student in grades Pre-Kindergarten to 12 residing in PA and attending any eligible Catholic school in the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Pre-School Scholastic Opportunity Scholarship Program (SOS): This grant program is for any Pre-Kindergarten student residing in Pennsylvania and attending any eligible Catholic school in the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit Program (OSTC): This funding is available to families whose students reside within the attendance boundaries of a low-achieving school as determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and who meet the income qualifying guidelines. OSTC grants are for grades K-12 only.In addition, St Patrick School has been fortunate to have received corporate tuition assistance donations for the past several years. This money is used to reduce family’s tuition rates through our Angel Fund. The Angel Fund is available for any full-time student in pre-K through grade 8.
For more information on financial aid please contact the school office at 724-745-7997.
Content updated 3/19/2017 6:18 pm