School Tuition rates are based on student population, the St. Patrick Parish/School budget, and the Pittsburgh Diocese. St. Patrick Parish and the Pittsburgh Diocese pay a portion of the school expenses. Therefore, each year the tuition rates can fluctuate. For the last several years, the full time cost for a Catholic student in grades 1-8 has been approximately $4,000 per year. This is divided over 12 months. When a family has additional children the tuition significantly decreases. A family does not pay for any children beyond three, as long as the fourth child is attending full-time pre-k through 8. A Non-Catholic student pays a slightly higher rate but again does not have to pay for more than three children. Financial Aid is available both through the Diocese and the St. Patrick School Angel Fund.
Student Aid Form information and Application options:
- PSAS online application for the 2016-2017 school year – You may securely apply online here: PSAS Online Application, instructions can be found here: Online Info Guide 2015 TY 1617 to assist you with the process.
- PSAS interactive PDF for the 2016-2017 school year – Alternatively families also have the option to utilize an interactive PDF instead of the paper application. You must DOWNLOAD this PDF and save it to your computer before filling it out. To properly complete the form and ensure the information is recorded correctly, you must open it within Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. (get.adobe.com/reader) DO NOT “view” the PDF and attempt to complete it in your browser. This will result in an unusable PDF and/or improperly recorded information. **Please note:** this PDF is NOT an online application, it is an electronic version of the PSAS paper application.
The Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh offers educational grants through the granting programs listed below:
- From the Diocese, grants are available through the Bishop’s Education Fund (BEF). This Grant is available to Catholic students in grades Kindergarten to 12 attending eligible schools and registered in eligible parishes.
- Grants are also available from the Scholastic Opportunity Scholarship Funds (SOS). The SOS program is open to any student in grades Pre-Kindergarten to 12 residing in PA and attending any eligible Catholic school in the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Pre-School Scholastic Opportunity Scholarship Program (SOS): This grant program is for any Pre-Kindergarten student residing in Pennsylvania and attending any eligible Catholic school in the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh
- Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit Program (OSTC): This funding is available to families whose students reside within the attendance boundaries of a low-achieving school as determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and who meet the income qualifying guidelines. OSTC grants are for grades K-12 only.
In addition, St Patrick School has been fortunate to have received corporate tuition assistance donations for the past several years. This money is used to reduce family’s tuition rates through our Angel Fund. The Angel Fund is available for any full-time student in pre-K through grade 8.
For more information on financial aid please click here for the 2016 – 2017 Tuition Aid Letter or contact the school office at 724-745-7997.