St. Patrick School, under the pastorship of Monsignor Paul Simko, opened its doors to 338 students on September 7, 1954. The school began with two classrooms each of grades one through four and was staffed by the School Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi, Bellevue. By school term, 1958 – 1959, 812 children filled grades one through eight and a music teacher was hired. The 1975 – 1976 school term saw the addition of kindergarten and a librarian. A preschool program was instituted in 1977. By the 1990’s the school was granted accreditation by the Middle Atlantic States Association and enrollment began its upward climb.
The school continues to build upon its cherished traditions while striving for academic excellence and social development among its graduates.
Today we are fortunate because there are several school children whose parents attended St. Patrick as a child. In addition, many local residents attended St. Patrick School. As old photos and memories are found, they will be added to this section.